The report was based on data from a survey of 218 B2B sales and marketing leaders (all managers or above).
Some 67% of respondents say their firm develops video content to build brand awareness, and 63% say their firm develops video content to generate leads; some 63% also say they develop video content to educate customers.
The most popular video formats among B2B brands are explainer videos (57% of respondents say their firm creates them) and demo videos (53%).
Brands that say video plays a major role in their marketing and sales efforts are much more likely to create customer testimonial and interview/Q&A videos than other firms are.
The most popular channels of B2B firms for distributing video are their own websites (79% use them), email (67%), and LinkedIn (63%).
B2B marketers and salespeople say the biggest challenge in developing video content is that it takes too much time (34% cite it as a roadblock).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 218 B2B sales and marketing leaders.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- A Masterclass in B2B Storytelling | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Marketers and Creating Content That Sells | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Content Promotion in 2023: Channel and Format Trends
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Stop the Churn: Why Less Is More in B2B Content Marketing
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show