The report was based on data from a survey of 1,009 people in the US who are familiar with various types of social media influencers.
Some 78% of respondents say it's appropriate for influencers to share their own products on social media, and 72% say it's appropriate for influencers to share products in general.
However, 62% of respondents say it is unethical for influencers to promote products they don't use themselves.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]