The average CPM for advertising delivered via Facebook Ads Manager steadily rose from March to August 2020, according to recent research from Social Insider.
The report was based on an analysis of advertising campaigns from 3,887 accounts using Facebook Ads Manager—which serves ad units across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network—between January 2019 and August 2020. The advertisers included in the study were based in locations around the world and spanned a range of industries.
CPM and CPC
The average CPM in August 2020 was $5.31, up from $4.54 in January but down from $6.91 in August 2019.
The average CPC was $0.43 in August 2020, which was down slightly from $0.49 in January 2020.
The average click-through rate (CTR) in August 2020 was 3.01%, which was similar to the 3.16% rate from August 2019.
The most common objectives for the ads were conversions (26.94% of the ads examined), post engagement (24.19%), and link clicks (22.64%).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 250,162 Facebook advertising campaigns published through Facebook Ads Manager between January 2019 and August 2020 from 3,887 accounts.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Turn Your Social Media Marketing Into a Profit Center [Infographic]
- Should Brands 'Break Up' With Twitter?
- Is B2B TikTok Right for Your Business? Three Questions to Ask
- Google vs. Social Media Algorithms: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter