The average CPM for advertising delivered via Facebook Ads Manager steadily rose from March to August 2020, according to recent research from Social Insider.
The report was based on an analysis of advertising campaigns from 3,887 accounts using Facebook Ads Manager—which serves ad units across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network—between January 2019 and August 2020. The advertisers included in the study were based in locations around the world and spanned a range of industries.
CPM and CPC
The average CPM in August 2020 was $5.31, up from $4.54 in January but down from $6.91 in August 2019.
The average CPC was $0.43 in August 2020, which was down slightly from $0.49 in January 2020.
The average click-through rate (CTR) in August 2020 was 3.01%, which was similar to the 3.16% rate from August 2019.
The most common objectives for the ads were conversions (26.94% of the ads examined), post engagement (24.19%), and link clicks (22.64%).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 250,162 Facebook advertising campaigns published through Facebook Ads Manager between January 2019 and August 2020 from 3,887 accounts.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- How to Get Started With YouTube Influencer Marketing [Infographic]
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy