Thumbnail images for popular YouTube videos tend to be colorful, to feature human faces, and to contain text, according to recent research from Best SEO Companies.
The report was based on analysis of the thumbnails for the 740 most popular YouTube videos to date in 2020.
Nearly three-quarters (72%) of the thumbnails examined featured a human face, and 88% were colorful.
Some 70% of the thumbnails contained a title or explanatory text.
Thumbnails for the most popular news-related YouTube videos tended to feature negative emotions such as anger, contempt, disgust, or fear, the analysis found.
Thumbnails for the most popular home and living videos tended to feature sadness.
About the research: The report was based on analysis of the thumbnails for the 740 most popular YouTube videos to date in 2020.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Turn Your Social Media Marketing Into a Profit Center [Infographic]