The report was based on data from nearly 10 billion worldwide email opens anonymously collected between January 1 and September 30, 2020.
One-third of the email opens examined occurred on the iPhone email client, and 32% occurred in Gmail.
Other popular clients include Apple Mail (10% of opens), Outlook (7%), and Yahoo Mail (5%).
The most popular webmail clients
Gmail is by far the most popular webmail client, accounting for 72% of the webmail opens.
About the research: The report was based on data from nearly 10 billion worldwide email opens anonymously collected between January 1 and September 30, 2020.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Get Started With Multilingual Email Marketing
- Email Opens Are Not Dead: What's Changed and What Hasn't
- Email Behavior Trends for 2023
- Engagement-Based Email Segmentation: How to Ensure Your Messages Land in the Inbox
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing