The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2021 among 2,000 Internet users age 16-64 in the United Kingdom. and 2,013 Internet users age 16-64 in the United States.
Respondents were asked to select words to describe various ad formats, and the researchers then assigned an average favorability score for each format based on the sentiment implied by the selected words.
Across generations, the television and email ad formats had the highest favorability scores.
People age 16-44 are much more likely to view Web and social media advertising favorably compared with people aged 45+.
The words most associated with television ads are "entertaining" and "informative."
The words most associated with social media advertising are "excessive" and "intrusive."
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2021 among 2,000 internet users aged 16-64 in the United Kingdom and 2,013 internet users aged 16-64 in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- How B2B Marketers Can Tap Into Out-of-Home Transit Advertising
- Ad Tech Report: Is the Medium Rectangle's Era Over?
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show