Do LinkedIn posts with links, or those without links, garner more engagement?
The researchers found that posts without links perform better than those that include links across almost all post types (the one exception: job posts).
In the case of image posts, the average engagement rate is 70% higher for those without links than those with links.
The researchers found that adding a link as the first comment has not been widely adopted, with only 0.2% of the posts analyzed following that practice.
Image posts tend to garner the most engagement, on average, followed by video posts and job posts.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of engagement (likes, comments, and shares) on 86,504 LinkedIn posts from 883 brand pages.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- How to Get Started With YouTube Influencer Marketing [Infographic]
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy