Gen Z is the fastest-growing audience demographic on LinkedIn, according to recent research from the professional social network.
The report was based on internal LinkedIn data as well as third-party data. The researchers defined Gen Z as individuals born between 1997 and 2012.
There are approximately 78 million Gen Zers on LinkedIn globally, and the generation now accounts for about 10% of the platform's user base.
Most Gen Z members on LinkedIn join soon after high school. The most popular areas of study for Gen Z LinkedIn members in North America who attend college are business related.
Gen Z is at the forefront of changing jobs in 2021, with job transitions reflected on LinkedIn up 80% year-over-year. This is the biggest year-over-year increase of any generation.
The most popular LinkedIn Learning courses with Gen Z cover areas such as Microsoft Excel, project management, and SQL.
About the research: The report was based on internal LinkedIn data as well as third-party data. The researchers defined Gen Z as individuals born between 1997 and 2012.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Content That Marketers Want From Social Media Creators
- Generation YouTube: The Social Media Habits of US Teens
- Instagram Reels Benchmarks for 2022 [Infographic]
- How to Build a LinkedIn Employee Advocacy Program That Doesn't Fall Apart
- 25 Twitter Marketing Tips That Actually Work [Infographic]
- Why and How Businesses Engage in Social Media Listening