B2B marketers say their biggest marketing concern is how to generate more leads, whereas B2B salespeople say their biggest marketing concern is how to improve lead quality, according to recent research from SharpSpring and Ascend2.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2022 among 329 marketing and sales professionals who work for B2B firms.
Although both B2B marketers and salespeople cite lead quantity and quality as their biggest concerns pertaining to their firm's marketing efforts in the year ahead, marketers rank generating more leads as their top concern (52% of marketers cite) whereas salespeople rank improving lead quality as their top concern (45% of salespeople cite).
Both B2B marketers and salespeople say that moving leads from education to sales readiness is the buyer experience area most affected by misalignment between Marketing and Sales.
Respondents say the biggest benefits of Marketing and Sales alignment are higher conversions, increased revenue, and a more seamless customer experience.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2022 among 329 marketing and sales professionals who work for B2B firms.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment
- Flexibility That's Focused to Attain B2B Marketing Nirvana | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Five Steps to More Creative Marketing