Which skills, backgrounds, and capabilities do businesses look for when hiring social media managers?
To find out, PostBeyond conducted an analysis in May 2022 of 1,087 job ads on Indeed.com with "social media manager" in the title.
The researchers found employers expect social media managers to be able to manage (69% of job postings included the term), develop (67%), and create (64%).
The top responsibilities of social media managers are media strategy (51% of job postings included the term) and paid social (46%).
Some 45% of the social media job listings analyzed included the requirement for a bachelor's degree. Employers are also often looking for communication skills (41% of job postings included the term).
The platforms/tools cited most in social media manager job postings are Facebook (61% of job postings included the term), Twitter (57%), and Instagram (56%).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis conducted in May 2022 of 1,087 job ads on Indeed.com with "social media manager" in the title.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Career Development Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen The Right Career: Christoph Trappe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Responsibilities and Backgrounds of Copywriters
- Want to Beat the Average CMO Tenure? Remake Your Role.
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Data: The 10 Most In-Demand Marketing and Sales Skills