Which skills, backgrounds, and capabilities do businesses look for when hiring social media managers?
The researchers found employers expect social media managers to be able to manage (69% of job postings included the term), develop (67%), and create (64%).
The top responsibilities of social media managers are media strategy (51% of job postings included the term) and paid social (46%).
Some 45% of the social media job listings analyzed included the requirement for a bachelor's degree. Employers are also often looking for communication skills (41% of job postings included the term).
The platforms/tools cited most in social media manager job postings are Facebook (61% of job postings included the term), Twitter (57%), and Instagram (56%).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis conducted in May 2022 of 1,087 job ads on Indeed.com with "social media manager" in the title.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Four Ways Marketers Can Increase Their Productivity
- Unlearn So You Can Succeed: Why (And How) You Should Rewrite Your Playbook
- 2023 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Content, and PR Positions
- How Much Content Marketers Make: Salaries for Seven Positions
- Resonate, Differentiate, and Substantiate: What Top Salespeople Do Differently
- The Most (and Least) Innovative Cities in America [Infographic]