More than three quarters of comms and PR professionals say their volume of work has increased over the past few years, according to recent research from Ned’s Job of the Week and Sword and the Script Media.
Some 78% of respondents say the volume of comms work has increased over the past few years. A third say it has increased significantly.
Half of comms and PR professionals say the nature of their work has changed significantly, and 32% say it has changed moderately.
Respondents say comms and PR work has changed in many ways, including a greater emphasis on social media and more focus on internal communications.
Comms and PR professionals say their biggest work challenges are cutting through the noise (35% cite as a top challenge) and juggling too many priorities (31%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May and June, 2022, among 483 professionals working in communications, public relations and public affairs.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Public Relations:
- How to Secure More Press for Your Company
- How to Tie Media Pitches to Pop Culture
- Four Crisis Communications Lessons We Learned From 2022
- The Press Release Isn't Dead: Practical Tips to Make Your Press Release a Success
- What Leaders Would Change About Their Crisis Communications Plans
- How Businesses Can Navigate a Polarized World