Chief marketing officers at enterprise B2B companies say their top strategic goals are to improve the customer experience, ensure their teams have the right skills, and generate leads/sales, according to recent research from Modern.
The report was based on data from a survey of 300 CMOs who work for B2B companies with 1,000 or more employees in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Some 48% of respondents say delivering a better customer experience is a top strategic priority over the next 18 months (up from 31% who said the same in a 2022 survey), 39% say upskilling their team is a top strategic priority (up from 30% in 2022), and 37% say generating leads/sales is a top strategic priority (up from 27% in 2022).
Enterprise B2B CMOs say the top areas they want to influence in their current role are growth (30% cite) and the customer experience (21%).
Enterprise B2B CMOs say their top martech priorities over the next 18 months are to develop a technology strategy (46% cite) and to enhance their capabilities around data (41%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 300 CMOs who work for B2B companies with 1,000 or more employees in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment
- Flexibility That's Focused to Attain B2B Marketing Nirvana | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Five Steps to More Creative Marketing