The report was based on data from a survey of 105 US-based senior business leaders who work for firms that currently produce thought leadership content.
Some 44% of respondents say faulty/poor methodologies is the primary reason thought leadership content fails, and 34% say a lack of internal stakeholder buy-in is the primary reason.
Senior leaders say they create thought leadership content for a wide range of different reasons, including to establish their firm as an industry leader, to improve their firm's reputation and influence, and to build brand awareness.
Respondents say big tech companies such as Salesforce and digital disruptors such as Amazon tend to generate the best thought leadership content.
Business leaders say they personally consume thought leadership content to improve their analytical skills, discover new ideas/innovations, and stay up to date on the latest trends.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 105 US-based senior business leaders who work for firms that currently produce thought leadership content.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- B2B Content Promotion in 2023: Channel and Format Trends
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Stop the Churn: Why Less Is More in B2B Content Marketing
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Four Steps to Stronger B2B Case Studies | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Four Key Benefits of Using a CRM for Content Marketing [Infographic]