Is artificial intelligence more creative than marketers when developing content? Does AI-generated content tend to be of higher or lower quality compared with human-created content?
Some 41% of marketers say AI is less creative than they are, 34% say it is equally creative, and 25% say it is more creative.
Among respondents who say AI is equally or less creative than marketers, the top reason given is that the technology tends to create content that feels formulaic and robotic.
Some 55% of respondents say AI-generated content tends to be of lower quality than human-generated content, 35% say it tends to be just as good, and 10% say it tends to be of higher quality.
More than three-fourths (76%) of marketers say they can often tell the difference between AI-generated and human-created content.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in October 2023 among 184 marketers in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Artificial Intelligence:
- The Do's and Don'ts of Generative AI for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- AI Skills: The Competitive Edge Marketers Can't Afford to Ignore
- Navigating the Marketing AI Landscape of 2024: Four Trends
- Revolutionizing B2B Brand Monitoring With AI-Powered Insights | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- ChatGPT Has Turned 1: What Have We Learned From AI's Breakout Year?
- Generative AI in Marketing: How B2B and B2C Adoption Differ