Over the last six months, I’ve been working closely with Ray Wang, who is well known as an expert in the Customer Relationship Management space. With my focus on social technologies, we did a deep dive on how our worlds are colliding into the trend of Social CRM.
In our opening webinar, when we announced our joining of the firm, we made it clear we’re looking at the holistic business, across multiple business departments—not silos or roles.
A real problem is this: Companies are unable to scale to keep up with the social phenomenon.
We know that customers are using these social technologies to share their voices, and companies are having a very difficult time to keep up.
- For companies, real time is not fast enough. Companies need to be able to anticipate what customers are doing to say and do, in order to keep up. Although Motrin responded to angry mom’s within 24 hours—it was too slow.
- Companies are unable to scale to meet the needs of social. No matter how many community managers Dell and ComcastCares hires to support, they’ll never be able to match the number of customers. They need tools, and they need them now.
- Customers don’t care what department you’re in they just want their problem fixed. Dooce’s support problem with Maytag quickly became a PR nightmare—had the support group known she was an influencer (and what it means), they could have serviced her better.
As a result, companies will need to tie their customer management tools like CRM to the social Web.
Read this report to find out about the 18 different use cases. Then, prioritize a roadmap based on your needs, and always start with listening.
Continue reading "18 Use Cases That Show Business How to Finally Put Customers First" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Relationships:
- Boost Your Sales With Strategic Gifting [Infographic]
- How to Use Empathy in Your B2B Brand Storytelling
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing
- How to Offer More Value to Your Crisis-Stricken Customers [Infographic]
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]