Small businesses can find a return on investment (ROI) in social media, but they have a hard time with Facebook.
A new study from Manta provides insight from more than 1,200 small-business owners regarding their top concerns. Manta then created the following infographic from its findings.
The study revealed that social media involvement is increasing among small businesses. "Nearly 50% of SMBs have increased time spent on social media compared to a year ago," Manta says. "More than one in three small-business owners dedicate between one and three hours each week managing their social media channels, while 10% spend more time."
For small businesses, the acquiring and engaging of new customers is the primary goal of using social media, 36% said. Gaining lead generations and referrals (19%) was second.
Other findings regarding small businesses and social media...
- 18% name Facebook as the hardest social media platform to maintain.
- 53% of businesses say they have one person dedicated to social media activities at the company.
- 39% of businesses say they see a return on investment from social media activities.
- 79% of small-business owners are optimistic about their business prospects in the second quarter of 2013.
For more about Manta's findings, check out the following infographic.
Continue reading "Small Businesses Find ROI in Social Media [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach