Marketers often talk about how social media is growing... but what does that mean exactly?
Here's a look at the facts regarding social media growth and use, courtesy of an infographic by Search Engine Journal.
The top three social media sites used by marketers are Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Among them, Twitter was the fastest-growing social network, in terms of active users, at the beginning of 2013, with 44% growth from June 2012 to March 2013. The active users base of Google+ grew 33% during the same period.
The number of Twitter users in the 55-64 age bracket—the fastest-growing Twitter age group—increased 79% since 2012.
The number of users in Google +'s 45-54 age bracket—the fastest-growing age group for the social network—increased 56% since 2012.
See more details, below, about social media's growth and integration into our daily lives.
Continue reading "What Does Social Media Growth Look Like? [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Creative Best-Practices for TikTok [Infographic]
- A New Approach to Social Media: Aaron Templer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]