Marketers often talk about how social media is growing... but what does that mean exactly?
Here's a look at the facts regarding social media growth and use, courtesy of an infographic by Search Engine Journal.
The top three social media sites used by marketers are Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Among them, Twitter was the fastest-growing social network, in terms of active users, at the beginning of 2013, with 44% growth from June 2012 to March 2013. The active users base of Google+ grew 33% during the same period.
The number of Twitter users in the 55-64 age bracket—the fastest-growing Twitter age group—increased 79% since 2012.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful
- The History of Reddit: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Three Social Media PR Tips for Driving B2B Brand Visibility