Which brands are getting the most social media attention during the 2014 Winter Olympics? Find out in the following infographic by Offerpop.
Compared with the social media activity of the 2012 London Olympics, this year's Games lagged, at least initially. The hashtag #London2012 boasted 3 million tweets in its first five days vs. the 2.2 million tweets of #Sochi2014's first five days.
The country that used the #Sochi2014 tag the most is Canada, followed by the United States, then Great Britain.
On Twitter, Coca-Cola won gold as the most-tweeted brand by being mentioned in 6,500 tweets.
In second place, #BecauseofMom (for a P&G campaign) was used in 5,800 tweets. Chevy was third, having been mentioned in 3,000 tweets.
To find out more, check out the infographic:
Continue reading "How Sochi Does Social Media [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach