Still not convinced whether social media marketing is worth your company's time, energy, and effort?
You're not alone. The C-suite at half of brands isn't convinced of social's value, according to the following infographic by Outmarket.
Here's a look at social media marketing's pros and cons.
One reason in favor of it is that "more than 80% of consumers look at online reviews weekly before buying," states Outmarket.
However, on the negative side, social media accounts for only 1.14% of all e-commerce traffic.
Another pro: "90% of the world's data was created within the past two years, thanks to social media," states Outmarket.
Yet social media programs aren't high on the list of CMO's concerns, ranking just sixth.
To find out more about the profs and cons of social media marketing, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]