We've looked at ad targeting options for Facebook and Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, so what's left?
Marketers using video in their marketing mix will want to make sure their YouTube ads are targeted to the right audiences as well.
Influencer marketing platform Izea put together an infographic that explains the ins and outs of YouTube advertising. For example, it outlines the three ad formats you can choose from on YouTube:
- TrueView in-stream ads: These ads play before, during, or after other videos, and viewers can skip the ad after five seconds.
- TrueView video discovery ads: The ad appears next to a related video.
- Bumper ads: The ads are shorter than six seconds and cannot be skipped.
Once you determine your type of ad, you can target by demographics, geographics, devices, languages, and more.
Check out the infographic for all the details on YouTube ad targeting:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Search Advertising Spend Trends for 2023
- Defying the Slowdown: The Rapid Rise of Ad Spend on TikTok
- Is Digital Advertising Really More Effective Than Traditional Advertising?
- Diversity in Video Ads: Gender, Age, and Ethnicity Benchmarks
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]