At the beginning of 2020, senior marketers predicted various trends for the year ahead, including increasing content overload for audiences, the need to develop empathetic marketing approaches, and the growing importance of harnessing customer data.
Of course, none of those experts could have foretold that COVID-19 would upend the lives of customers, shake the markets, and drive businesses to rework their marketing programs.
So, how do marketing experts feel about their 2020 soothsaying in light of the pandemic?
To find out, PAN Communications asked some of the marketers who shared their opinions at the start of the year to revisit their earlier predictions.
An infographic (below) looks at the revised opinions of these industry leaders and explores what they think marketers should be watching closely in the second half of 2020.
Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment
- Flexibility That's Focused to Attain B2B Marketing Nirvana | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Five Steps to More Creative Marketing