Does adding "link in bio" to Instagram post captions hurt engagement?
To find out, Socialinsider analyzed 78,662,277 Instagram posts from 92,724 brand pages. An infographic (below) summarizes the research.
The researchers found 32.4% of the Instagram posts examined used the "link in bio" phrase in their captions.
Across all Instagram post types examined—image, video, and carousel—engagement was higher, on average, for posts without "link in bio" in their captions compared with those with "link in bio". However, the differences in average engagement were very small.
Check out the infographic to see an overview of the findings:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]