What You Need to Know About Becoming (or Hiring) a Marketing Consultant
- Michael Goodman
- Thu., Nov 08, 2007, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
This seminar is directed toward management consultants and marketing service providers—the people who sell and deliver the outside expertise that allows large companies to keep overheads down while still employing top-flight creative talent, and allows smaller businesses to tap into the same high-quality expertise that their larger competitors have always had.
Michael will also provide invaluable insights to marketing managers in companies that utilize the services of these creative "minds for hire" or are considering doing so in an environment of "let's do more with less."
Professional marketing/management consultant Michael Goodman has been advising corporate clients for several years, and has collected the many lessons learned into a concise and impactful seminar that promises to pull back the curtain of consulting to reveal the critical success factors—and pitfalls—of this business and lifestyle.
Much of the material for this seminar comes from the core of his successful book on consulting, Rasputin For Hire: An inside look at management consulting between jobs or as a second career, along with after-thoughts and new information that has come to light since publication.
Michael Goodman is a senior marketing and management consultant with experience that spans the spectrum from micro-businesses and start-ups to the Fortune 25. He learned marketing at corporate giants Procter & Gamble, Frito-Lay and Playtex. He has consulted with clients in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer; local, regional, national and international markets; and industries ranging from industrial chemicals and consumer packaged goods to financial services and healthcare.
Who Should Attend?
- Every marketing professional who has ever thought about a second career in consulting
- Marketing service providers—in advertising or public relations agencies, graphic design or market research firms, promotion planners, website designers and SEO experts, even professional service firms
- Line managers and entrepreneurs who use outside services for marketing strategy or implementation assistance, or who think they might need to in the near future
What Will You Learn?
- The true essence of management consulting
- 7 personal prerequisites and considerations for would-be consultants
- The 3 most common ways consultants price their services (and why two of them almost always sabotage the efforts of a new consultant)
- The 5 keys to consulting success
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.