Hiring Outside Resources: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Tips for Creating Effective Explainer VideosSteven CotroneoIf you're considering investing in marketing video in 2017, you'll want to read these useful tips for creating an explainer video that can help you drive more sales.
The Why and How of a Bloody Good Content Calendar for MarketingCaroline HolmesIf you want to help overwhelmed, time-poor searchers to find you and your business online, then it's time to think hard about what you publish, where, when, how often, and—most ...
Three Essential Principles for Talent Sourcing in 2016Elissa BarnesCompetition for top-tier talent is always fierce. If you don't know where to look, or if you focus too heavily on traditional methods, you could be losing to the competition. ...
Five Questions You Need to Ask Before Purchasing New TechnologyBrittany WickersonMarketers are inundated with offerings of state-of-the-art applications that can greatly improve every aspect of B2B marketing. These five questions will help you evaluate technology vendors and applications quickly to ...
Five Ways Marketers (CMOs, Too) Can Master DataJohn P. KellyMarketers have been under pressure for years to turn their art into more of a science, and "Big Data" is now more than a buzzword for CMOs: Understanding or using ...
Four Steps for a Successful Multilingual Marketing CampaignCaitlin NicholsonTo better relate your product or service to consumers, present them in a way that identifies with those of a particular culture. Multilingual marketing is a way to do that.
How to Write and Respond to RFPs: Some Best-PracticesRichard SimmsPainful as they may seem, requests for proposals are a B2B fact of life. They help you establish successful partnerships in an age of tight budgets and fierce competition for ...
Five Tips for Finding the Right Editor for Your Business BookJacqui PrettyA book is the ultimate business card... but only if you do it right. Unfortunately, many entrepreneurs (and others) don't, especially because they don't account for editing.
How to Get Marketing Help When You Need ItElaine FogelDoes your small business have marketing and branding needs but not enough money to hire an agency or a consultant? Don't fret, you have many options to ensure you get ...
Go DIY or Call in an Expert: How to ChooseLaura PattersonAs a marketer, you need to know when to buckle up and tackle an initiative internally or when to secure an outside expert, ideally before a situation becomes critical or ...
Hiring Outside Resources: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Forget Experience: Hire for Talent! Mike Goldman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneConsultant and author Mike Goldman ("Performance Breakthrough: The 4 Secrets of Passionate Organizations") explains how to enhance your company's performance by hiring for natural talent and core values and creating the right culture for success.
Hunting for Unicorns: Preact's Mike Saldi Talks Hiring on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMike Saldi, formerly of Salesforce.com, now chief customer officer at software company Preact, shares secrets for spotting which applicants are most likely to rock that job you're hiring for.
Never Stop Learning: Mark Organ on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe founder and CEO of advocate marketing software company Influitive explains how he co-founded marketing automation giant Eloqua, why training and development are a "mission-level priority" at his company, and how he hires exceptional employees.
Content Marketing and Entrepreneurship: Skyword CEO Tom Gerace Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSerial entrepreneur and Skyword CEO Tom Gerace talks with Marketing Smarts about content strategy, affiliate marketing, entrepreneurship, and everything in between.
Hiring Outside Resources: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Getting Brand Exposure with an iPhone App: Easier (and Cheaper) Than You ThinkBroadcast on 12/10/2009 with Carla WhiteThink putting your brand in someone's pocket is impossible? Maybe not!
- What You Need to Know About Becoming (or Hiring) a Marketing ConsultantBroadcast on 11/8/2007 with Michael GoodmanProfessional marketing/management consultant Michael Goodman has been advising corporate clients for several years, and has collected the many lessons learned into a concise and impactful seminar that promises to pull back the curtain of consulting to reveal the critical success factors—and pitfalls—of this business and lifestyle.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Small Business Series: Do-It-Yourself Market ResearchBroadcast on 6/22/2007 with Michael GoodmanThe amount you spend on market research isn't the most important consideration. The key is asking the right high-gain questions and knowing what to do with the answers.This seminar will cover not only the various options for market research, but also six do-it-yourself approaches that can yield better results than studies costing thousands of dollars. And the turn-around time is often a fraction of what a major project would involve.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Conducting Online Research the Right WayBroadcast on 6/1/2006 with Carey AzzaraThis seminar will discuss the best practices for conducting online research. You will discover what must be considered when building a research sample, crafting a questionnaire, and fielding the study.
- Marketing Research the Guerrilla WayBroadcast on 5/11/2006 with Robert KadenRobert Kaden, author of Guerrilla Marketing Research,presents tools to develop action-oriented research and guidelines for stretching your research budget.
- Advanced Topics in Paid Search MarketingBroadcast on 3/9/2006 with Larry Becker, George MichieFor those who have experience with paid search, but need to get advanced techniques and knowledge.
Hiring Outside Resources: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Steps to Creating Elite Brand AmbassadorsReleased on 4/10/2015 with Robin SamoraIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify employees or subcontractors as a brand ambassadors who can represent your product, service, or brand. We'll discuss how to educate them on your company's unique story, company values, and how to help you attract new talent to keep your brand top of mind.
Hiring Outside Resources: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- Shopper's Handbook on Search Marketing FirmsThis is the go-to guide for all your Search Engine Optimization needs. Get a first-rate overview of all things related to how search engines fit into your marketing plan. This guide even tells you how to decide if you should not outsource your search engine optimization. But the best thing about this handbook is a comprehensive list of questions you should ask any potential SEO vendor, and tips as to what to look for in the answers. Very helpful. 45 pages.