Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Quickest Way to Improve Your Marketing ROI: Upgrade What Your People DoEd KingIs your team spending too much time on manual tasks, such as cleaning up data? The good news: there are easy-to-implement processes to free up your team and improve your ...
Remote-Team Collaboration: Pros, Cons, Tools, and the Problems It Solves [Infographic]Laura ForerWorking remotely can be beneficial for both employees and companies, but the practice comes with challenges. Check out the infographic for tips on tools and troubleshooting that can help make ...
Three Steps to Effective Customer Content and Lasting Sales-Marketing RelationshipsJules Tompkins [Sponsored Content]When Marketing and Sales collaborate, everyone wins: Customers get better content, and businesses see better results.
How to Motivate Your Employees [Infographic]Laura ForerEmployees are motivated by more that just money, research shows. Learning, community, and purpose are all key reasons people enjoy their work. Read on for tips on how to be ...
Employing Marketing Freelancers: Top Trends and Challenges [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiMost brands and agencies (58%) say they employ creative (nontechnical) marketing freelancers, according to recent research from The Creative Group.
The First 90 Days: Onboard Sales Reps for Success [Infographic]Laura ForerThe first 90 days of a sales job is a crucial time to set up salespeople for success. See how to onboard your new sales hires and give them the ...
Executive Survey: How AI and Automation Will Change WorkAyaz NanjiSome 69% of senior business executives say they think the term "workforce" will eventually encapsulate both human employees and intelligent machines/platforms, according to recent research from Marketforce and Pegasystems.
The Building Blocks of Employee Advocacy [Infographic]Laura ForerEmployee advocacy can be a low-cost, highly effective way to boost marketing and sales efforts and improve employee retention. These five steps will get you started.
Corporate America's Most Broken Internal ProcessesAyaz NanjiMore than half of workers at corporations in the United States say their firm has at least one broken process related to IT, employee onboarding, and administrative functions, according to ...
The Top Three Reasons Sales and Marketing Alignment Is Off [Infographic]Laura ForerIf your marketing and sales teams still aren't quite aligned, you're not alone—but you could be behind the competition. Check out these top three challenges to alignment and see how ...
Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Fallacy of First-Mover Advantage: Ryan Holmes of Hootsuite on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHootsuite founder and CEO Ryan Holmes talks about why the "first-mover advantage" isn't really a thing, how he launched his business, why companies should promote employee health, and more.
Team-Building Fun and Games: Kevin Cloutier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKevin Cloutier talks about how his experience creating games for reality TV shows, including "Survivor," inspired him to start team-building events company Feet First Eventertainment with his brother, Dave.
Everything Is Marketing and Marketing Is Everything: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing strategist, author, and MarketingProfs B2B Forum speaker Michael Brenner discusses employer marketing—the importance of HR for marketing success and the rise of "champion leaders."
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
Innovate in the Boardroom (and the Mail Room): Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristopher S. Penn, vice-president of marketing technology at Shift Communications and author of Leading Innovation, discusses why innovation will make or break your organization, and shares tips for making innovation happen at your company.
How B2B Brands Can Rock Social: B2B Marketing Forum Speaker Eric T. Tung on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B Marketing Forum speaker Eric T. Tung discusses social media for B2B organizations, including why executives need to join their employees in the social space.
Focus, Leadership, and Squirrels: Think Big, Act Bigger Author Jeffrey Hayzlett on the 200th Episode of Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTV host, author, and business celebrity Jeffrey Hayzlett shares insights from his latest book, Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless.
The Secret to Sales Success: Jill Konrath and Donal Daly on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBestselling authors Jill Konrath (Selling to Big Companies) and Donal Daly (Account Planning in Salesforce) explain how sales managers can set their teams up to succeed in the era of modern, customer-centric marketing.
Forget Experience: Hire for Talent! Mike Goldman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneConsultant and author Mike Goldman ("Performance Breakthrough: The 4 Secrets of Passionate Organizations") explains how to enhance your company's performance by hiring for natural talent and core values and creating the right culture for success.
Hunting for Unicorns: Preact's Mike Saldi Talks Hiring on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMike Saldi, formerly of Salesforce.com, now chief customer officer at software company Preact, shares secrets for spotting which applicants are most likely to rock that job you're hiring for.
Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Insight From the Inside: CMOs on the Future of MarketingBroadcast on 3/6/2018 with Tom Webster, Gary ClingerAttend Insight from the Inside: CMOs on the Future of Marketing to hear the results of a recent survey of top marketing leaders, giving you a top-down, holistic view of their decision-making process. You'll get inside insights and a direct view into the thoughts, concerns, and trends that CMOs are thinking about this year. Sponsored by Workfront
- Gaining a Sustainable Advantage: How Top-Performing Marketing Teams Execute at ScaleBroadcast on 2/20/2018 with Sean CartyJoin us for Gaining a Sustainable Advantage: How Top-Performing Marketing Teams Execute at Scale to learn how to maximize your team's productivity. Sponsored by Wrike
- MarketingProfs University: Time Management BootcampBroadcast on 3/2/2017 with Eva RykrsmithIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to prioritize tasks and create maximum customer value through the application of quality management principles. You'll discover how to consistently make high-value decisions about where, when, and how to invest your attention, energy, and resources to achieve success for both you and your customer.
- Apply an Agile Approach to Your MarketingBroadcast on 5/12/2016 with Jim EwelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to address two of the most critical tasks in agile marketing. Agile marketing expert Jim Ewel will discuss how to get you into the mind of the customer and understand what they are trying to accomplish—and why.
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance MarketingBroadcast on 3/10/2016 with David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
- The Remarkables: How to Win with Word-of-Mouth MarketingBroadcast on 10/24/2013 with Julie Szabo, Darren BarefootIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn what makes up a remarkable campaign and what role of word-of-mouth plays in campaign creation and success.
- Key Digital Trend Currents That Are Shaping BusinessBroadcast on 8/22/2013 with Steve WoodruffIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn that it's important to look beyond current trends (such as the latest hot platform) to trend currents—those inevitable, inexorable forces that are shaping the world of business and communications.
- The NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR for 2013Broadcast on 7/25/2013 with David Meerman ScottDavid Meerman Scott, author of the internationally best-selling book, The New Rules of Marketing & PR, will share what's NEW with the New Rules in this PRO seminar.
- Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life.Broadcast on 7/11/2013 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why it's important to reboot and rebuild your business model now and how you can prepare for and adapt to whatever might come next.
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Hire, Outsource, or DIY—How to Assess Your Marketing NeedsReleased on 1/30/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to determine which projects you can DIY, and which projects you should outsource or hire a contractor to handle. We'll discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing, how to decide when to use it versus using in-house personnel, and how to communicate your needs clearly for the best results.
- Take 10: Communication Is Key—How to Organize a Successful Distributed Team MeetingReleased on 12/12/2014 with Pam DidnerIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to close the gap between cross-regional teams and establish an effective communications process. You'll walk away with best practices for rallying everyone to work towards the same goals and an agenda of healthy topics to address in your team meetings.
- Take 10: Agile Marketing—Managing Marketing at the Speed of the Digital AgeReleased on 9/13/2013 with Scott BrinkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover how agile marketing can be seamlessly incorporated into your marketing plan. We'll discuss ways to make your team more nimble and your campaigns more responsive to your customers' constantly changing needs.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Streamline Your Content Approval ProcessReleased on 6/29/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to make your content approval process less painful and more effective. We're going to guide you through the content creation and approval process so that you can focus on more important things, like your bottom line.
- Take 10: 3 Rules for Winning Business When the Odds Are Against YouReleased on 8/12/2011 with Stephen DennyIn this Take 10, competitive strategy and marketing consultant Stephen Denny gives you the nitty-gritty on getting scrappy and actually capitalizing on (seemingly) overwhelming business challenges.
Management: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Four Requisites for Agile Marketing SuccessIn this 36-page guide, we'll run through four requisites for agile marketing success—the right attitude, the voice of the customer, "flow-jo" (flow mojo), and teamwork—along with a myriad of tips for putting it all into motion.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.