Behind the Wheel of Web Redesign: What Drives Success
- Kelly Goto
- Thu., Oct. 6, 2005, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
An effective online user experience is created with visual design, information architecture, and usability, using iterative development cycles. In this 90-minute seminar, web redesign veteran Kelly Goto will walk you through methods to streamline and enhance your current development process with a focus on both the end user and measurable results.
Kelly will explain how the concept of User Experience fits into brand vision and effectively serves customers online. The session focuses on understanding how business goals translate into an iterative web development process targeting short term goals with long term vision. Learn how to write an effective communication brief, and understand how to user-profiles and personas clearly match overall company objectives by focusing on targeted audience needs. Take a look at real projects, deliverables, and the working process behind the scenes.
Please note: The web recording of this seminar is no longer available. However, the slide handouts and full-text transcript are posted for Premium Plus members.
Kelly Goto is a sought-after lecturer and instructor on the topics of web development, information design, user experience, and usability testing. Formerly an award-winning creative director at Idea Integration (www.idea.com), Goto successfully managed the redesigns of many sites ranging from independent to corporate levels. She has acted as creative director, designer, and producer for many high-profile clients, including Warner Bros. Online, National Geographic Online, Adobe Corporation, Paramount Television, Macromedia Corp., and Sony Pictures.
Currently a principal at gotomedia, inc. (www.gotomedia.com), an online consultancy for user experience and interaction design, Goto continues to focus on developing new techniques for collaborative development in digital media. and user-centered design principles. Kelly is a member of Bay Chi organization in San Francisco and is on the board of the National AIGA Center for Brand Experience.
Her best-selling book, Web Redesign: Workflow that Works, has become a worldwide standard for workflow methodologies.
Who Should Attend?
In-house marketing teams and individual consultants will take away strategy and methods to create deliverables that can be immediately applied to real-world marketing environments.
What Will You Learn?
- The five-step redesign process
- How to determine short- and long-term goals
- How to write a communication brief with implementation strategy
- How to develop audience segmentation breakdown and characteristic matrix
- How to create generic and specific audience profiles, personas and scenarios
- How to incorporate iterative cycles of development and testing into your workflow
- How ‘brand boards’ can help facilitate decision-making from stakeholders and set the brand vision of a company in a short timeframe
- How iterative usability testing cycles, contextual interviews and ongoing customer feedback can facilitate a more effective overall development process
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.