Customer Experience: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The No-BS Formula for Customer Service That Doubles as MarketingSteve HartertYour customer service team is either helping you retain customers... or it's helping you lose them. By overcoming these three challenges of customer service, you can give your customers better ...
How to Use Mobile Marketing for Your Business [Infographic]Laura ForerUnravel the mobile marketing mystery with plenty of ideas for how to use mobile to boost consumer engagement and drive more conversions.
The New Branding: Five Tips for Creating Shareable Brand ExperiencesPeter BeckToday, branding is not about slapping logos on various media. To grow, your brand needs to be providing consumers with disruptive—that is, memorable and sharable—experiences.
How to Get Sales Prospects to Care About Your Marketing ContentRandy FrischCreating content is a waste of time if your target audience isn't consuming it. Here are three steps to creating content that prospects will care about.
Four Niche-Industry Social Media Marketing Campaigns Done RightBrandon LewisLooking for some social media marketing inspiration? Go beyond standard posts with these four unique and effective campaigns.
The 5Ws of Experience-Driven Commerce [Infographic]Laura ForerOnly 17% of first-time website visitors are there primarily to shop, says a recent study, so brands need to make sure website experiences are memorable enough to bring visitors back.
Are Chatbots a Good Idea for Your Business? [Infographic]Laura ForerWhen used well, chatbots can increase both profitability and customer satisfaction. Read on to learn how to implement them in a smart way that helps your business and your customers.
Five Tips for Marketing a Subscription-Based BusinessStefan PrettyA subscription-based business model can be extremely successful—when it's marketed well. Here are some tips for reaching more of your target market, engaging your audience, and controlling churn rates.
22 Tips to Help Make Free Shipping Profitable [Infographic]Laura ForerCustomers want free shipping. Brands know shipping isn't cheap. How can you satisfy your customers and still make a profit?
How to Measure Touchpoint Effectiveness: Six Steps to Better Customer ExperiencesLaura PattersonEach touchpoint of interaction with your customers creates an opportunity for insight, improvement, and engagement. Here's a six-step process for measuring touchpoint effectiveness and identifying the touchpoints that matter most ...
Customer Experience: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
60+ Boutique Hotels, 1 Unique Brand: Kathleen Reidenbach of Kimpton on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKathleen Reidenbach, chief commercial officer for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, shares lessons in managing a global brand for a hospitality company with more than 60 boutique properties all over the world.
How to Create an Irresistible Game-Day Experience for Your Audience: Vikings CMO Steve LaCroix on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSteve LaCroix, executive vice-president and chief marketing officer for the Minnesota Vikings NFL football team, discusses how sports marketing has evolved and the importance of enhancing the game-day experience for fans at the stadium.
Social Media, CX, and Lessons From Working With Steve Jobs: LiveWorld's Peter Friedman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePeter Friedman, former Apple vice-president, and founder and CEO of LiveWorld, shares insights on social media for brands, customer experience, and business.
Not Everything Has an ROI (and That's OK): Virginie Glaenzer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing technologist and former energy industry marketer Virginie Glaenzer discusses sustainability, open source content, customer experience, and what it means to be an "awakened brand."
Chief Customer Officer 2.0: Author Jeanne Bliss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCustomer experience expert and best-selling author Jeanne Bliss shares tips for creating a customer-centric organization and discusses her new book, Chief Customer Officer 2.0.
You Don't Market, You Create Reactions: Jon Taffer of Spike TV's 'Bar Rescue' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Taffer, host of Spike TV's "Bar Rescue," rocks Marketing Smarts, sharing insights about branding and promotion based on his 30 years of experience making bars and restaurants profitable.
Brand Attachment: Larry Vincent Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLarry Vincent, founder and executive director of The Brand Studio at United Talent Agency, discusses brand attachment, including how marketers can use it to predict buying behavior.
Customer Frustration and Business Vulnerability: Stephen Beck Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChange expert and business consultant Stephen Beck discusses how focusing on customer frustration and business vulnerabilities can help you grow your company.
Marketing Smarts Special: Industry Stars Reveal Their No. 1 Strategy for Success [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea Gorgone16 Marketing Smarts guests from 2013 tell you which marketing tactic they would choose, if they could use only one.
Social, Mobile, and the Future of Sports Marketing: Michelle Andres of the Baltimore Ravens Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichelle Andres, vice-president of digital media for the Baltimore Ravens, explains how the organization rose to social media prominence in the NFL and turned its official website from a lonely afterthought into the online destination for fans.
Customer Experience: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Harness User Experience as Your Secret Marketing Weaponwith Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to identify your customer's current online experience and how you can make it unforgettably delightful. You'll leave with tools and tips to ensure every interaction your customer has is so positive that they can't wait to return.
- Hug Your Haterswith Jay BaerIn this PRO seminar, you'll find out why you need to hug your haters and embrace complaints. We'll share specific frameworks for answering them, tips on how to handle trolls, why you need to answer every complaint, in every channel, every time, and more. You'll leave with actionable advice and tactics to keep your customers and grow your business.
- Hack the Conversation: Discover Insights Through Social Datawith Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, we'll share examples of companies using conversation research to drive product innovation, address customer experience issues, and inform messaging and communications. You'll leave with a practical approach to help you begin mining your online conversations to discover important data and insights.
- Create Meaningful Experiences for Your Brandwith Brian SolisIn this PRO seminar, Brian Solis shares why great products, creative marketing, and delightful customer service are no longer enough to win customers. We'll explain why the future of business is experiential and show you how to create and cultivate meaningful experiences.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts Searchwith Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- Brain Science and Web Marketingwith Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- 10 Skills Every Marketer Needs to Enhance the Customer Experiencewith Larry Weber, Lisa Leslie HendersonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how customer experience leaders are using an expanded marketing toolkit to build a competitive advantage, one interaction at a time. You'll walk away with 10 skills that will help you provide a game-changing customer experience including analytics, marketing automation, website personalization, private and public social community building, and more.
- The Audience Imperativewith Jeffrey K. RohrsThis PRO seminar will give you a clear understanding of the principles of proprietary audience development and a leg up on the competition who remain wholly dependent on renting audiences from others.
- MarketingProfs University: Developing an Email Strategy That Keeps People Connectedwith Morgan StewartThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Email Marketing Master Course will identify the critical strategic elements for successful email programs, tie those elements to your specific business objectives, and demonstrate how to continually optimize your email program based on customer feedback.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentations That Resonate With Me! How to Persuade Any Audiencewith Nancy DuarteJoin us for this special PRO seminar with Nancy Duarte and learn a new way of structuring a presentation and connecting with an audience.
Customer Experience: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Improve Website Effectiveness With an Optimized Contact PageReleased on 10/7/2016 with Krista MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a contact page that will grow your business. We'll show you how to optimize your page's content and layout to ensure your visitors feel comfortable reaching out to learn more about your business. You'll leave with tips you can put into action right away to increase your contact page's effectiveness.
- Take 10: How to Guide Customers Through Your ContentReleased on 12/5/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the various stages of the customer journey and five considerations to help improve your conversion rate. You'll walk away with a framework to assess your current content and determine where there are opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Take 10: Simple Tweaks to Attract More On-the-Go Mobile UsersReleased on 10/31/2014 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn design tips to optimize your mobile site and emails, and what statistics can help you create a satisfying mobile experience for your on-the-go customer. With these simple tweaks, your mobile site can be used quickly and efficiently, and will keep your customers coming back.
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
Customer Experience: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Serious Marketer's Guide to Creating a Website That WorksThis 51-page guide is dedicated to exploring what it takes to develop and operate a website that works for your company. Whether you're building a website from scratch or optimizing an existing one, approach the project with the mindset of strategy first, execution second. Your planning process should be purposeful and thorough.
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- Forget ROAS, It's All About ROMI Now by Alon Tvina
- Accelerated B2B Sales Growth: Challenges and Strategies by Kristin B.
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond by Aaron Chichioco
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns by Jason Falls
- Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing: Finding the Right ... by Farzana Nasser