But it sure helps differentiate oneself. Having recently tasked myself with mapping the very uniform search engine marketing agency landscape, I have come to realize that marketing firms are the least likely to know what makes them green....
Take a look at these recent press releases:
[Company Name] Distinguished as 'Largest SEM Agency' in JupiterResearch Search Engine Marketing Agency Constellation
JupiterResearch Report Ranks [Company Name] Highest in Overall Business Value in Search Engine Optimization for Second Time
Jupiter Research Constellation Report Validates [Company Name]'s Leadership Position in the Search Marketing Industry
[Company Name] Earns a Top 3 Spot in Both SEO and Paid Search in Leading Analyst Firm's Search Engine Marketing Agency Constellation Report
I laughed out loud when I saw how many firms scoured the report for a positive statement and quickly spun it into a press release. The poor journalist is beside himself. With so many claims to fame, none of the statements merits a headline. Interestingly, the above are all solid firms. They do not lack for clients, employees services or technology. They simply need to look within to determine what makes them green.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]