Modern customers are incredibly skeptical. They're not likely to take anything you say at face value. And why should they if you don't include evidence to back it up?
Content accomplishes its goals only when the readers trust your brand, explains Melanie Deziel in this episode of the Marketing Smarts Live Show.
"The first thing that our content needs to be doing is earning trust in some way so that we then have the privilege, we have the right, to then ask for whatever that secondary call to action is."
So... what creates evidence?
A lot of things—videos, tweets, website copy—as long as they're being used in the context of corroboration, demonstration, and education. Experts who can back you up. Behind-the-scenes videos that prove the best-practices you brag about having.
However you can show your audience that you're telling the truth.
And you don't have to ditch your current content strategy, either—just infuse it with the proper elements.
"Sprinkle evidence on the content that we know is working. Think of it like a topping, but a delicious topping that needs to be on everything," says Deziel.
Episode Details, Guest Information, and Referenced Links
Episode No. 20
- Live date: December 19, 2022
- Episode link: www.youtube.com/live/Dj1S65OxvSI
- Original podcast episode: Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content: Melanie Deziel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
Guest's social media profiles:
MarketingProfs resources referenced in the show:
- Three Ways to Create Trust-Building Content
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021
"In B2B News" article referenced in the show:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- How Repurposing Content Benefits Small Businesses
- Content Speaks, but Data Listens: How to Optimize Your Content Strategy
- Four B2B Content Types and When to Use Them in the Buyer's Journey
- Evergreen Content: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- 100 Persona Characters Marketers Can Use to Define Brand Voice [Infographic]
- Four Tips to Help You Find Your Optimum Content-Marketing Mix