Sitting through a PowerPoint presentation appears to be one of the most dreaded office activities: More than 32% of surveyed adults say they have fallen asleep during a PowerPoint presentation and nearly one-quarter (24%) say they would rather give up sex tonight than face another PowerPoint, according to a survey from SlideRocket.
Just how desperate are we to avoid PowerPoints? Roughly one in five surveyed adults (21%) say they would rather to do their taxes than face another PowerPoint presentation and 20% would prefer to visit the dentist.
Below, other findings from SlideRocket's survey of 1,000 US adults who use office software on a daily basis, conducted by IBOPE Zogby International.
Excessive text on slides, boring graphics, lack of analytics, and large file size rank among the top frustrations people have with PowerPoint presentations, SlideRocket finds.
Among those lulled to sleep via PowerPoint, 55% say it has happened at least twice.
Meanwhile, 20% of adults say they have fallen asleep so many times during PowerPoints that they've lost count—with men twice as likely to say so.
But it's tough on both sides: Though some 29% of adults dread watching PowerPoint presentations, 33% of adults dread creating them as well.
Looking for great digital marketing data? MarketingProfs reviewed hundreds of research sources to create our most recent Digital Marketing Factbook (May 2010), a 296-page compilation of data and 254 charts, covering email marketing, social media, search engine marketing, e-commerce, and mobile marketing. Also check out The State of Social Media Marketing, a 240-page original research report from MarketingProfs.
- 30% of adults say they have snuck out of a presentation at least once.
- Millennials are twice as likely as Boomers to report sneaking out of presentation at least once.
- Adults on the West Coast are twice as likely as those on the East Coast to dread PowerPoint presentations.
Continue reading "One-Third of Adults Have Snoozed During PowerPoint Presentations" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Conversational Marketing: What Customers Want
- How the B2B Purchase Process Has Changed in 2020
- Marketing From A to [Gen]Z: 'Zconomy' Author Jason Dorsey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees