PowerPoint: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Create Infographics Using PowerPoint or Keynote [Infographic]Laura ForerThink only designers can create infographics? You have the power to create infographics yourself with tools you probably already have: PowerPoint and Keynote.
How to Improve Your Presentation Before You Even Open PowerPointAlexAnndra OntraPowerPoint files, and the information contained within them, are a valuable business (not just marketing or sales) asset. Presentation management unlocks the value of that asset, empowering everyone to make ...
Four Tips for Effectively Training Your Marketing TeamMike StrayerMost marketers strive to communicate as effectively as possible—except, unfortunately, when they're training fellow marketers. Because that's when, for some reason, PowerPoint takes center stage.
The Seven Phases of Effective Presentations: How Not to Bore Your AudienceYad BhattiPreparing for presentations is tough, tedious, and time-consuming, and the cardinal rule once you're in the room is to engage those in your audience—not put them to sleep. These seven ...
Eight Powerful SlideShare Features You May Not Be Using [Infographic]Barry FeldmanThere are a ton of reasons that top brands—and small companies—are active on SlideShare: It provides an enormous opportunity for any content marketer.
10 Do's and Don'ts of Using Data and Research in PresentationsJosh KnauerHow well data and research are integrated into a presentation or pitch can make or break it. But not every marketer is a natural-born data geek. How can you work ...
How to Repurpose Your Content Into an Ideal SlideShare DeckChris BrownSlideShare is one of the world's most powerful B2B sites, and business executives use it much more often than they use other social networks. Your content needs to be there ...
Presentations Gone Wrong: Five Rules for Avoiding a Really Bad PresentationPooja LohanaWe've all heard presenters who apparently forgot that a tool such as PowerPoint is just a medium for re-enforcing what they have to say. Instead, text-laden slides take center stage—a ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including the Usual Suspects (AKA, New Tricks and Tools)Angela NatividadHappy post-Independence Day! Fireworks may still be exploding in our ears, but as usual we've got a bunch of new tricks and tools for you this week. Read about Vine's ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including a PowerPoint AlternativeAngela NatividadFind yourself some Yelp killers, LinkedIn stats, a delicious social alternative to PowerPoint, Twitter #ComedyFest, scratch-and-sniff banner ads, and GIFs... for TV! Skim to get caught up on the week's ...
PowerPoint: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Discover Your Presentation PersonaBroadcast on 11/10/2016 with Scott SchwertlyIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about Badge, a first-of-its-kind skills assessment system that will help you discover your natural presenter type—so you can dazzle any audience on any topic any time. We'll also share lessons from past and present speakers who have mastered the art and science of presentations. You'll leave with actionable tips on how to discover and improve your communication style to achieve your greatest success.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentation Elevation—How to Educate, Inspire, and EngageBroadcast on 2/14/2013 with Michael WeissThis PRO seminar and kick-off class of MarketingProfs University's Presentations Unleashed will teach you how to make a powerful impression on your audience and leave them energized and inspired by your ideas.
- Behind the Online Curtain: Secrets for Building a Successful Webinar ProgramBroadcast on 4/23/2009 with Ann Handley, Shelley RyanWho is offering online seminars? Lately, it seems like everyone is. Whether you're doing it for lead-gen tactics or no-strings-attached education, you'll learn something invaluable in this session.
- Extreme PowerPoint Makeover: Transform Your Data-Driven Presentation Beyond Bullet PointsBroadcast on 4/9/2009 with Cliff AtkinsonReady to improve your presentation materials? It's time to save the world from boredom, one conference room at a time.
- Eleven Big Ideas, with Seth GodinBroadcast on 8/8/2006 with Seth GodinWIth this engaging seminar, we can promise you a bunch of irrelevant, disconnected stories that are guaranteed to spark at least one big idea!
PowerPoint: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Make Your Graphs and Charts Effective Communication ToolsReleased on 4/3/2015 with Richard GoringIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to achieve more with your graphs and charts. You'll learn how to create and use visuals in PowerPoint more effectively, which graphs you should use to illustrate your data, as well as how to avoid common mistakes.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
PowerPoint: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Survey: Communication SkillsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey about the skill level survey respondents have in various ways of communicating. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for you.