Of those small-business owners using mobile devices, 73% said they use their phones or tablets to conduct social media marketing, and 71% said they use their devices to conduct email marketing.
When asked what types of mobile/social advertising they currently employ, 97% said they use social media platforms like YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Location-based promotions, such as Foursquare check-ins, came in second at 17%, and text messaging was third at 15%.
Below, additional findings from the Constant Contact Mobile Technology Survey:
Mobile Optimized Websites
- 34% of the small business owners surveyed have a mobile-optimized website.
- 70% of these websites are connected to social media platforms.
Of the 34% of owners not using any mobile device or solution for their business, 65% have no plans to do so in the future, mainly citing a lack of customer demand.
Mobile Apps for Managing Operations
Small businesses owners reported using a variety of applications to manage operations:
- 82 % use a calendar/time management app.
- 74 % use a customer communications app.
- 52 % use a GPS/mapping app.
- 44 % use an accounting/invoicing app.
- 44 % use an app for industry news/information consumption.
- 29 % use a travel planning app.
About the research: The report was based on a survey administered in March, 2013 to 1,305 participants in the Constant Contact Small Biz Council – a research panel of US small businesses and nonprofits recruited from the Constant Contact customer base.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2023
- Why People Delete Apps From Their Phones
- What Annoys People Most About SMS Marketing
- Four Rules for Riding the Texting Wave Before It's Gone
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market