The majority (62%) of advertising and marketing executives expect companies to increase their spending on Facebook marketing in the next 12 months, according to a recent report from The Creative Group.
That number is up from 53% who predicted an increase in Facebook budgets one year ago.
Facebook clearly tops the list of social networks with an expected increase in spend, but a majority of executives also anticipate companies will channel more marketing dollars toward LinkedIn (51%) and Google+ (50%), up from 38% and 41% of respondents, respectively, last year.
Less than half of executives surveyed expect an increase in marketing spend on Twitter (48%), YouTube (40%), Pinterest (35%), and Instagram (32%).
The report was based on a survey of 300 marketing executives and 100 advertising executives, all located in the United States.
The percentage of executives expecting an increase in spend on various social networks varied a bit by respondent type and company size. For example:
- 57% of advertising executives expect an increase in Twitter spend, whereas only 48% of marketing executives expect an increase.
- On the other hand, 12% of marketing execs expect a decrease in Twitter spend, whereas only 6% of ad execs do.
- 74% of marketers at large companies (1000+ employees) expect an increase in Facebook spend, whereas only 60% at smaller companies (100-249 employees) expect an increase.
For more findings from the report, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on more than 400 telephone interview—approximately 300 with marketing executives randomly selected from companies with 100 or more employees and 100 with advertising executives randomly selected from agencies with 20 or more employees.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Get Started With YouTube Influencer Marketing [Infographic]
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show