Some 15.7% of all impressions in the quarter occurred on a Friday—the most of any day, the analysis of Facebook post and ad interactions in 1Q14 found.
Thursday had the second highest share of impressions (14.5%), and Sunday had the lowest share (13.4%).
Moreover, one quarter (24.7%) of all brand video views in the quarter occurred on a Friday; again, Sunday had the lowest share (6.4%) of brand video views.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on 1Q14 Facebook impression data from from retail, media/entertainment, and travel brands.
Engagement Type by Day
Interactions were highest on Fridays for every type of Facebook action examined in 1Q14:
- 17% of all comments
- 16% of all likes
- 6% of all shares
Engagement by Post Type
- Facebook posts with images had the highest engagement rates in 1Q14.
- Engagement with video posts was up 25% year over year and 58% quarter over quarter.
About the research: The report was based on 1Q14 Facebook impression data from from retail, media/entertainment, and travel brands (260 billion Facebook ad impressions, 226 billion Facebook post impressions).
Continue reading "Facebook Users Engage With Brands Most on Fridays" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach