Facebook users engage with brands more on Fridays than on other days of the week, according to a recent report from Adobe.
Some 15.7% of all impressions in the quarter occurred on a Friday—the most of any day, the analysis of Facebook post and ad interactions in 1Q14 found.
Thursday had the second highest share of impressions (14.5%), and Sunday had the lowest share (13.4%).
Moreover, one quarter (24.7%) of all brand video views in the quarter occurred on a Friday; again, Sunday had the lowest share (6.4%) of brand video views.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on 1Q14 Facebook impression data from from retail, media/entertainment, and travel brands.
Engagement Type by Day
Interactions were highest on Fridays for every type of Facebook action examined in 1Q14:
- 17% of all comments
- 16% of all likes
- 6% of all shares
Engagement by Post Type
- Facebook posts with images had the highest engagement rates in 1Q14.
- Engagement with video posts was up 25% year over year and 58% quarter over quarter.
About the research: The report was based on 1Q14 Facebook impression data from from retail, media/entertainment, and travel brands (260 billion Facebook ad impressions, 226 billion Facebook post impressions).
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]