Some 15.7% of all impressions in the quarter occurred on a Friday—the most of any day, the analysis of Facebook post and ad interactions in 1Q14 found.
Thursday had the second highest share of impressions (14.5%), and Sunday had the lowest share (13.4%).
Moreover, one quarter (24.7%) of all brand video views in the quarter occurred on a Friday; again, Sunday had the lowest share (6.4%) of brand video views.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on 1Q14 Facebook impression data from from retail, media/entertainment, and travel brands.
Engagement Type by Day
Interactions were highest on Fridays for every type of Facebook action examined in 1Q14:
- 17% of all comments
- 16% of all likes
- 6% of all shares
Engagement by Post Type
- Facebook posts with images had the highest engagement rates in 1Q14.
- Engagement with video posts was up 25% year over year and 58% quarter over quarter.
About the research: The report was based on 1Q14 Facebook impression data from from retail, media/entertainment, and travel brands (260 billion Facebook ad impressions, 226 billion Facebook post impressions).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Get Started With YouTube Influencer Marketing [Infographic]
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show