The report was based on Klout Topics data (categorized interests, passions, and content areas) from over 580 million people around the world.
The analysis found music and television rank as the No. 1 and No. 2 most popular topics, respectively, on both Facebook and Twitter. Creating and sharing content concerning celebrities, software, holidays, films, and business is also extremely popular on both social networks.
Overall, 40% of topic interactions occur around the top 10 content areas on Facebook and Twitter, with the pattern of engagement looking roughly similar for each network.
However, the remaining 60% of all engagement comes from topics beyond the top 10, and the percentage of interactions with those subjects differs significantly by network.
Among the most noticeable variances in topic engagement between Facebook and Twitter are the following:
- Restaurants: Facebook (76th most popular topic), Twitter (112th most popular); variance: 36 spots.
- Homework: Facebook 196, Twitter 98; variance 98.
- Dogs: Facebook 23, Twitter 95; variance 72.
- Cats: Facebook 52, Twitter 104; variance 52.
- Babies: Facebook 21, Twitter 66; variance 45.
- Parenting: Facebook 22, Twitter 50; variance 28.
- Customer Service: Facebook 197, Twitter 89; variance 108.
About the research: The report was based on Klout Topics data (categorized interests, passions, and content areas) from over 580 million people around the world.
Continue reading "The Most Popular Topics on Facebook and Twitter" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of Talking About Sustainability on LinkedIn [Infographic]
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Creative Best-Practices for TikTok [Infographic]