Most people who consume professional content on LinkedIn do so to keep up with industry news (78% of respondents) and to discover new ideas within their business area (73%), according to data from a recent survey conducted by LinkedIn.
A significant number also engage with professional content on LinkedIn in order to build relationships with colleagues/clients (62% of respondents say so), enhance their professional reputations (55%), spark conversations (51%), and improve their current job skills (45%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 2,701 LinkedIn members in the United States who actively share and consume professional content (i.e., content that is relevant to their jobs or fields).
Popular Content Types
- 77% of respondents read new industry research posted to LinkedIn, and 72% share these sorts of pieces.
- Other popular content types include breaking industry news (68% read, 61% share), case studies (55%, 52%), and career advice (57%, 38%).
Why People Share
- 65% of respondents say they share professional content on LinkedIn to increase their visibility on LinkedIn.
- 64% share content to enhance their professional reputation.
How People Share
- 53% of respondents share content on LinkedIn via the "Like" button.
- 44% use the "Share" button and add commentary; 42% use the "Share" button and do not comment.
- 38% copy content into an email and then share it.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 2,701 LinkedIn members in the United States who actively share and consume professional content.
Continue reading "The Content Consumption Habits of LinkedIn Users" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach
- Five Strategies to Increase Your Social Media Conversions