However, 87% of the brands examined in 2Q14 had their Walls closed to comments, up 2% from 1Q14, indicating that many companies still remain wary of providing customer service via Facebook.
Below, key findings from the report, which was based on 2Q14 data from 54,000 Facebook Pages belonging to brands from around the world.
- Users posted more than 1.5 million questions in 2Q14 to the brand Pages examined; of those, more than 500,000 questions were left answered.
- Telecom companies received 431,00 questions from consumers via Facebook in the second quarter, nearly three times as many as any other industry.
- Airlines had the best overall response rate (84%) to questions posed on Facebook of any industry, but they also had less volume than others.
- The telecom and retail industries had both a high volume of questions and a high overall response rate.
- The average response time by brands to questions posed on Facebook decreased by 30 minutes in 2Q14, though it still averaged longer than a day.
- Telecom companies had a significantly faster average response time (13 hours 25 minutes) than any other industry.
About the research: The report was based on 2Q14 data from 54,000 Facebook Pages belonging to brands from around the world.
Continue reading "Customer Service via Facebook: Benchmarks and Trends" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media: