Brands responded to 67% of the questions posted to their Facebook Pages by consumers in the second quarter of 2014, according to a recent report from Socialbakers.
However, 87% of the brands examined in 2Q14 had their Walls closed to comments, up 2% from 1Q14, indicating that many companies still remain wary of providing customer service via Facebook.
Below, key findings from the report, which was based on 2Q14 data from 54,000 Facebook Pages belonging to brands from around the world.
- Users posted more than 1.5 million questions in 2Q14 to the brand Pages examined; of those, more than 500,000 questions were left answered.
- Telecom companies received 431,00 questions from consumers via Facebook in the second quarter, nearly three times as many as any other industry.
- Airlines had the best overall response rate (84%) to questions posed on Facebook of any industry, but they also had less volume than others.
- The telecom and retail industries had both a high volume of questions and a high overall response rate.
- The average response time by brands to questions posed on Facebook decreased by 30 minutes in 2Q14, though it still averaged longer than a day.
- Telecom companies had a significantly faster average response time (13 hours 25 minutes) than any other industry.
About the research: The report was based on 2Q14 data from 54,000 Facebook Pages belonging to brands from around the world.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]