The report was based on data from a survey of 200 B2B marketing professionals in the United States who have experience with demand generation channels, tactics, and metrics.
Overall, tradeshows were cited by respondents as the channel that generates both the most and the best leads: 77% of marketers say shows generate a "somewhat" or "very high" quantity of leads, and 82% say they generate leads of "good" or "excellent" quality.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Cost per Lead
Respondents ranked email, organic search, and social media as the demand generation channels with the lowest cost per lead on average.
Tradeshows, though considered very effective in generating many high-quality leads, are also viewed as being expensive.
Search engine advertising is the most commonly cited demand generation channel for additional investment in next year: 12% of respondents plan to spend "much more" on SEM in 2015, and 30% plan to spend "somewhat more."
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 200 B2B marketing professionals in the United States who have experience with demand generation channels, tactics, and metrics.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- How Salestech Can Embrace Customization at Scale
- Empowering Sales Success: The Role of Marketing in Sales Enablement | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Why B2B Salestech and Sales Enablement Tools Don't Meet Expectations
- When Do B2B Buyers Contact Vendors?
- Selling in a Recession: Challenges and Training Opportunities
- Mastering Account Penetration: Four Essential Tactics for Sales Success