The report was based on data from 670,000 Facebook posts made by 4,445 brands between October 2014 and February 2015.
Videos uploaded to Facebook's native player have the most organic (unpaid) News Feed reach (8.7%, on average) of any post type on the social platform, the analysis found.
Photo posts, which until recently had the most organic reach, now have the least (2.3%); text-only status updates (5.8%) and link posts (5.3%) fall between the two.
Videos have greater organic reach with brands' fans and non-fans alike, the analysis found.
Video posts organically reach fans' News Feeds 5.7% of the time, on average, compared with 2.3% of the time for photo posts.
About the research: The report was based on data from 670,000 Facebook posts made by 4,445 brands between October 2014 and February 2015.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead