The report was based on data from 670,000 Facebook posts made by 4,445 brands between October 2014 and February 2015.
Videos uploaded to Facebook's native player have the most organic (unpaid) News Feed reach (8.7%, on average) of any post type on the social platform, the analysis found.
Photo posts, which until recently had the most organic reach, now have the least (2.3%); text-only status updates (5.8%) and link posts (5.3%) fall between the two.
Videos have greater organic reach with brands' fans and non-fans alike, the analysis found.
Video posts organically reach fans' News Feeds 5.7% of the time, on average, compared with 2.3% of the time for photo posts.
About the research: The report was based on data from 670,000 Facebook posts made by 4,445 brands between October 2014 and February 2015.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- 25 Twitter Marketing Tips That Actually Work [Infographic]
- Why and How Businesses Engage in Social Media Listening
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media in 2022 [Infographic]
- Gen Z Trends on YouTube: Three New Types of Creativity [Infographic]
- The Social Media Platforms Used Most by Journalists
- Ad Creative Best-Practices for Reddit [Infographic]