The report was based on data from a survey conducted between September 25 and October 9, 2014, among a nationally representative sample of 1,060 teens in the United States age 13-17.
Some 71% of teens surveyed say they use Facebook; Instagram is the second most popular social network (52% use), followed by Snapchat (41%), Twitter (33%), and Google+ (33%).
Facebook is also the most frequently visited platform by American teens, with 41% of them saying it is the social network they engage with most often. Instagram is the second most frequented social network (20% say they visit it most often), followed by Snapchat (11%) and Twitter (6%).
Teens from less-well-off households (annual income less than $50,000) are more likely to say they use Facebook the most: 49% of these teens say they use it most often, compared with 37% of teens from wealthier families (annual income of $50,000 or more).
Teens from more affluent households are more likely to say they use Snapchat most often, with 14% of those from families earning more than $75,000 saying Snapchat is their top site, compared with 7% of those whose families earn less than $30,000 annually.
Teenage girls are more likely than teenage boys to use visually oriented social networks, such as Instagram and Snapchat.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between September 25 and October 9, 2014, among a nationally representative sample of 1,060 teens in the United States age 13-17.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Get Started With YouTube Influencer Marketing [Infographic]
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show