The report was based on data from a survey of 500 CRM users in the United States from B2B and B2C companies.
Some 24% of respondents say functionality was the most important factor that influenced their CRM purchase decision; the next most-cited factor was ease of use (20% of respondents), followed by price (14%) and vendor reputation (9%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Deciding to Use a CRM Solution
Some 61% of the companies surveyed first started using a CRM solution within five years of being founded; 66% of respondents had 100+ customers when they first adopted a CRM.
More than half (57%) of respondents say they started using a CRM because they needed a centralized customer database or needed to track key sales/revenue metrics (or both).
Who Uses CRM Software
Sales teams are the biggest users of CRM software within companies (80% of respondents say the Sales team has access), followed by Marketing, Customer Service, and IT.
Most Used Features
Calendar management is the most used CRM feature by respondents (52%), followed by email marketing (50%) and quote/proposal management (46%).
Most Desired Features
A quarter of respondents say they wish their CRM software included more social media monitoring functionality; 24% want their CRM to pull in contact information from social media profiles.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 500 CRM users in the United States from both B2B and B2C companies.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- The Attention Economy: How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- What Makes B2B Tech Buyers Distrust Brands?
- The Availability Heuristic, Sharks, and Your Marketing
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World-Class Case Studies; Building Trust on the Internet | Marketing Smarts Live Show