Which types of content are brands sharing most often on Facebook? Do engagement levels vary by post type? How many posts are businesses creating on average per month? Has the number of video posts increased significantly this year?
To find out, Quintly examined more than 80 million Facebook posts (photo, video, link, status, and other types) shared between June 2014 and June 2015 by more than 100,000 accounts.
Below, key findings from the report.
Some 45% of the Facebook posts examined were links, 44% were photos, 8% were status updates, and 3% were videos.
Video posts receive the most interactions (likes, comments, etc.), on average, followed by photos, status updates, and links.
Number of Posts
Marketers share 27 posts per month, on average, to their company's Facebook Page.
- The number of video posts has been rising significantly since the beginning of 2015.
- As the volume of videos has increased, the average number of interactions per video post has decreased.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of more than 80 million Facebook posts from 100,000 accounts shared between June 2014 and June 2015.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Turn Your Social Media Marketing Into a Profit Center [Infographic]
- Should Brands 'Break Up' With Twitter?
- Google vs. Social Media Algorithms: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Is B2B TikTok Right for Your Business? Three Questions to Ask
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter