Which types of content are brands sharing most often on Facebook? Do engagement levels vary by post type? How many posts are businesses creating on average per month? Has the number of video posts increased significantly this year?
To find out, Quintly examined more than 80 million Facebook posts (photo, video, link, status, and other types) shared between June 2014 and June 2015 by more than 100,000 accounts.
Below, key findings from the report.
Some 45% of the Facebook posts examined were links, 44% were photos, 8% were status updates, and 3% were videos.
Video posts receive the most interactions (likes, comments, etc.), on average, followed by photos, status updates, and links.
Number of Posts
Marketers share 27 posts per month, on average, to their company's Facebook Page.
- The number of video posts has been rising significantly since the beginning of 2015.
- As the volume of videos has increased, the average number of interactions per video post has decreased.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of more than 80 million Facebook posts from 100,000 accounts shared between June 2014 and June 2015.
Continue reading "Facebook News Feed Benchmarks for Marketers" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Creative Best-Practices for TikTok [Infographic]
- A New Approach to Social Media: Aaron Templer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]