The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2015 of 18,038 consumers in Australia, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Survey participants were asked: "Thinking about a recent positive experience you had with a company, what made this experience better than your experiences with other companies?"
Nearly half (46%) of respondents said the organization dealt with their request quickly, the top answer by a good margin.
Other important customer service elements cited by consumers were the following:
- Understanding their issues and history (30%)
- Speaking with a person who had the authority to make decisions without consulting a manager (29%)
- Not having to interrupt their day for too long to deal with the issue (26%)
Some 61% of respondents say they would tell friends and family about an excellent customer experience; 38% say they would write a positive review.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2015 of 18,038 consumers in Australia, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Relationships:
- Boost Your Sales With Strategic Gifting [Infographic]
- How to Use Empathy in Your B2B Brand Storytelling
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing
- How to Offer More Value to Your Crisis-Stricken Customers [Infographic]
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.