Its report was based an analysis of 17.5 million social media posts made by 17,737 brands on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Brand posts made to Instagram garner the most engagement (likes, comments, etc.) at 7 PM EST, on average, and on Fridays, the analysis found.
Brands' Pinterest pins also perform best on Fridays, though they register the highest engagement levels around 1 AM EST.
In contrast, brand LinkedIn posts perform best at 9 AM EST and on Wednesdays. Brands' Twitter posts and Facebook posts both garner the most engagement on Thursdays.
The best days and times to post to social media also varies significantly by industry, the analysis found.
For example, the most effective day and time for aviation brands to tweet is at 1 PM EST, and on Fridays, whereas for marketing and advertising firms it is 4 PM EST and on Thursdays.
To see industry-specific data for 75 verticals, check out the full report.
About the research: The report was based an analysis of 17.5 million social media posts made by 17,737 brands on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy