The report was based on data from a survey of 225 marketers based in the United States (39% work for B2C firms, 36% for B2B firms, and 25% for hybrid B2C-B2B firms).
Some 45% of respondents say social media advertising is an effective tactic for growing email lists.
Content marketing ranks second (42%), followed by search engine optimization (38%), social logins/signups (36%), and contests/giveaways (34%).
Respondents say content marketing is the email list growth tactic that demands the most effort (50% say it requires a lot of skill, time, and expense); search engine optimization ranks second (45%), followed by social media advertising (37%).
Marketers say the most important objective of their email growth strategy is to increase signup conversion rates (50% cite it as a key goal).
About the report: The report was based on data from a survey of 225 marketers based in the United States (39% work for B2C firms, 36% for B2B firms, and 25% for hybrid B2C-B2B firms).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon