The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April and May 2018 among 1,253 consumers and 2,060 social media marketers.
Consumers say the types of social content they value most from brands are posts about discounts/sales (72% say so) and posts that showcase new products/services (60%).
In contrast, marketers say the types of social content they share most are posts that teach something (61% say so) and posts that tell a story (58%).
Consumers say they are most likely to both engage with and share posts that include discounts/sales.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April and May, 2018 among 1,253 consumers and 2,060 social media marketers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The 50 Highest-Earning Social Media Creators [Infographic]
- How to Harness the Power of ChatGPT to Scale Your Social Media Marketing
- Six Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2024 [Infographic]
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful