The report was based on data from a survey of 532 adults age 18 and older in the United States who use social media.
Some 83% of respondents say if they try to interact with a brand on social media they expect a response within a day; 38% expect a response within an hour; 15% expect a response within a couple of days; and 2% in more than a couple days:
Younger consumers are more likely than older consumers to want brands to respond quickly: 90% of respondents age 18-29 expect brands to respond to comments on social media within a day or less (44% within an hour or less).
Men are more likely than women to want brands to respond quickly: 86% of male respondents expect brands to respond to comments on social media within a day or less, compared with 81% of female respondents who say so.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 532 adults age 18 and older in the United States who use social media.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy
- B2B Influencer Marketing: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly | Marketing Smarts Live Show