The report was based on data from a survey of 532 adults age 18 and older in the United States who use social media.
Some 83% of respondents say if they try to interact with a brand on social media they expect a response within a day; 38% expect a response within an hour; 15% expect a response within a couple of days; and 2% in more than a couple days:
Younger consumers are more likely than older consumers to want brands to respond quickly: 90% of respondents age 18-29 expect brands to respond to comments on social media within a day or less (44% within an hour or less).
Men are more likely than women to want brands to respond quickly: 86% of male respondents expect brands to respond to comments on social media within a day or less, compared with 81% of female respondents who say so.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 532 adults age 18 and older in the United States who use social media.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Ad Benchmarks: CPM, CPC, CTR, and Objectives Trends
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- The Stunning Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]