The report was based on data from a survey conducted between January 8 and February 7, 2019, among a national sample of 1,502 adults age 18 or older in all 50 US states and the District of Columbia.
Roughly the same proportion of US adults use Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter as they did in 2016, the analysis found. Only Instagram showed a significant uptick since 2016 in the share of adults using the platform (the researchers did not have comparable data for YouTube, Snapchat, WhatsApp, andReddit).
YouTube is the most widely used social network by US adults (73% say they use it) and Facebook is the next most widely used (69%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Using Social Listening in Your Content Strategy
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing