The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2019 among 1,011 consumers.
Half of respondents say they follow brands on social media to learn about products/services, and 48% follow brands on social media to be entertained.
Some 40% say they follow brands to stay up to date on company news; 38%, to learn about promotions/discounts; 36%, to connect with similar people; 36%, to be inspired; and 35%, to be educated.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- A B2B Case Study in Influencer Marketing: Adobe's Rani Mani on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]